Statewide Equipment Technician
Processing Tomato Advisory Board
This position provides statewide support to the Processing Tomato Advisory Board (PTAB), responding to equipment breakdown and maintenance, parts and supplies ordering, inventory, and storage.
Typical tasks include:
∑ Maintenance and repair of all PTAB equipment, particularly the Tomato Juice Inspection System (TJIS)
∑ Maintaining inventory of parts and equipment
∑ Responding to equipment failures
∑ Interacting with UC Davis and PTAB management
∑ Anticipating issues and creating preventive mechanisms
∑ Communicating issues and concerns
∑ Testing and calibrating machinery
∑ Training PTAB staff on proper usage of operations equipment
∑ Other duties as required.
Must be willing to travel on
a regular basis during the tomato season and occasionally during the off season
to meetings or other requests.† Willing
to work overtime, weekends, or after hours if needed.† This position expects to be busy during the
tomato season and pre and post, with some time off during the winter, however,
may be called upon to work for periods of time for equipment maintenance and
1. Experience providing high level of customer service
2. Experience working with laptop computers and learning new software programs
3. Experience in working with and troubleshooting the Tomato Juice Inspection System
4. Familiarity with supplies, parts, and PTAB equipment†
5. Valid driverís license and current DMV print-out.
6. A car in good repair and proof of valid insurance.
7. Demonstrated computer skills e.g. MS Office Suite
8. Ability to lift 25-45 pounds.
1. Ability to follow direction and instructions and to recognize when to take initiative and when to consult or inform supervisors.
2. Good mechanical skills
3. Possess fundamental written and oral communication skills
4. Ability to communicate effectively both in person and over the telephone
5. Satisfactory job evaluations
6. Possess good organizational and record keeping skills
7. Knowledge and ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
8. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, be punctual and dependable
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality
10. Knowledge of PTABís policies and practices
11. Knowledge of the Agricultural industry
12. Forward thinking
13. Demonstrated ability to set and meet realistic job deadlines
14. Ability to work harmoniously with others in a pressured work environment
15. Pleasant and efficient phone manners
16. Politeness and tact when handling complaints, answering questions and correcting errors
17. Willingness to work irregular hours, including nights, and weekends as needed
18. Demonstrated trustworthiness to PTAB and the Industry
19. Demonstrated punctuality and reliability
∑ Full-time, Seasonal
∑ $26.00 - $29.00 (negotiable and based on experience) per hour
If you need an accommodation for the interview, please contact as the above email address or call (530) 759-7501.