Processing Tomato Advisory Board
Employment Type: Full Time – Seasonal (April to November)
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference. This position will be coordinating “all things safety”. You will be building relationships by working with employees and management throughout the State to enhance our already established safety program. Creativity is encouraged. Must live in the Davis vicinity (less than 50 miles) and able to work in the Davis Headquarters office and travel to inspection stations statewide.
The Safety Coordinator will develop environmental, health and safety activities including training, conduct site-visits, maintain records and emergency plans, and implement policies and procedures to enhance and maintain a strong safety culture.
At PTAB, one of our guiding principles in every office and
inspection station is that we want you to leave work in the same or better
condition as when you arrived. We are looking
for a Safety Coordinator who will create, support and audit our programs which
reinforce our commitment to safety.
As a Safety Coordinator, you will work independently, as well as a team, and report to the Board Manager.
· Work with management and employees to promote a positive culture
· Work with administrative team to understand and communicate current and future regulatory requirements throughout PTAB.
· Establish relationships with leadership and work directly with them to implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
· Conduct on-site audits and monitor policies, procedures, and system adherence.
· Address and recommend steps to correct potential deficiencies.
· Provide compliance training to all areas and employees.
· Conduct incident investigations
· Maintain and/or update the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
· Review and comment on proposed policy changes from compliance perspective.
· Develop safety/compliance manuals and update them as needed.
Implement and maintain current safety and
quality policies, procedures, and training
in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including, but not limited to, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
· Take immediate corrective action on any unsafe acts observed
· Maintain a high profile as a safety leader on site and be readily available to the employees for assistance regarding any safety concerns.
· Verify safety bulletins, posters, alerts, etc. are effectively communicated to employees and/or posted.
· Evaluate field implementation and effectiveness
· Encourage, support, inspire, and advise staff
· Assume other duties as required
· Education equivalent to Graduation from High School
· Valid CA driver’s license and a current DMV print-out
· A car in good condition and proof of current valid auto insurance
· The ability to travel throughout the State
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency with general computer skills (Email, Internet Browsers, Excel, Word)
· Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
· Exhibited punctuality and reliability
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to structure and lead monthly and/or quarterly meetings.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Organizational skills - able to prioritize responsibilities including time management
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret rules and regulations
· Maintain consistent and open communication
· Know when to take initiative and when to consult or inform supervisors.
· High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
· Be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, including customers, and outside regulatory agencies.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, and the public.
· Self-starter and motivator
· Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
Conditions of Employment:
· Successful completion of mandatory training requirements
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, extended work hours with the potential for overnight/extended travel, when needed
· Must be willing to work in industrial environments and adverse weather conditions at times
Hourly Pay Rate: $26.00 to $28.00 depending on experience.
To apply submit a fully completed PTAB application (available here) to PO Box 1800, Davis, CA 95617, or FAX at 530-750-1072, or email to email@example.com You may also drop applications off at the Davis office. Applications Will Be Accepted Until the Position Is Filled, Interviews will be scheduled as applications arrive.